London is such a wonderful city. I can't believe it is just 40 mins away by train from Hatfield. I went into the city this past Saturday with 3 friends from the CU. We got the all day travel card pass, so we could use the underground..which helped immensely. The train went into Kings Cross Station, which we then took the tube to the Hyde Park Corner stop. The first item of importance was finding a McDonald's for a milkshake. We walked into the one past Harrods in Knightsbridge. I had forgotten how good milkshakes were! Their large was the size of our medium cups back in the US Mcdonald's. Then we took our milkshakes and sat on the steps of the Victoria & Albert Museum. I really liked this museum..it had a mix of everything. There was pedestrian tunnel that ended at the science museum. This museum was really neat too. The exhibits we saw were the space and the hands on part. The Science museum is a big attraction to bring school groups too. That day there were hundreds of Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts, which reminded me of when my troop would go to museums. After touring the museums it was lunch time. So we hopped on the tube again to hyde park..however realized not many places were around there for eating. It was to the underground again to go to Leichester Square. My friends got subway, but I'd brought my own lunch. We ate our lunch on the steps at Trafalgar Sqaure. Lunch was later around 3:00pm. We were meeting another friend at Harrods about 5pm before heading to dinner. I finally got to go to a Starbucks! Everytime I want to go into one my American friends don't want to! I had the best Latte ever!! It was so nice to sit and relax for a little while. After we met our friend at Harrods, I had the tourist photo taken of me in front of a lit up Harrods! The plan was to eat at Hard Rock Cafe. So our group made our way down there. The wait was about 2 hours! which is pretty normal for Hard Rock Cafe..however at this time it was almost 7pm! Once our name was down on the list we headed to a pub to hang out for a drink. I realized how expensive London really is, so I just had a soda. It was so fun just hanging out and getting to know my new friends from England. The whole reason I came here was to get the full England college experience. Hard Rock Cafe was really neat to see. Now I can say that I've been to one in another country. It was expensive as all get out, but still neat. There wasn't enough time to get a souvenir..I guess I'll just have to go back. We left HRC around 11pm and got to the train station with about 25 mins till the train left. Since we had so much time a game of Charades was played. I didn't get back to my room till about 1:30am! It was an awesome day in the city!
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment